Sunday, June 21, 2015

Introducción (Introduction)


During this summer, I will be studying abroad in Spain. I have chosen to write a blog so that my family back in the States can know what is going on. I'm also going to include how I got ready for my trip to Spain and what I researched before going for anyone who is interested or visiting Spain in the future.

I am studying in Segovia, Spain this summer with the KIIS program. This program
is an organization in Kentucky that has many different trips around the world. I chose to go on the KIIS Experience Spain II summer program, which requires students to have at least 18 hours of Spanish before going. (I have intermediate speaking and comprehending skills, having taken classes throughout high school and one year of college.) They offer four classes and students can take either one or two classes. I chose to take only one class on the Language and Culture of Spain so that I will have a little more time to explore.


This program is a home stay and so each student will be assigned a home with one to two other students. Each of the homes is somewhat close to the Plaza Mayor de Segovia (number 10 on the map), which is where the KIIS classes will be held.

There are about 4 or 5 different day excursions with the group to different locations near Segovia, including Salamanca, Madrid, Avila, and Toledo. We also have a four day weekend in the middle of the trip, during which we can travel wherever we want.

I hope this blog is helpful and interesting and I will continue posting other information I find about Segovia and Spain.


No comments:

Post a Comment